Latex Gloves offer high resistance against various acids.
- Comfortable in hands
- Ensure ideal fitting and touch sensation
Vinyl Gloves provide chemical allergy protection due to their safe properties.
- Preferred for uses that require less protection
- A material that is gentle on the skin
Nitrile gloves are an ideal alternative to latex material.
- Possess an enhanced resistance to chemicals
- They withstand numerous types of oils
The materials do have some drawbacks. For example, some persons allergic to latex may experience allergy symptoms when exposed.
On the other hand, nitrile has subsided tactile sensitivity even though it may not have any allergenic qualities. Also, gloves made from nitrile are expensive.
And vinyl gloves are not suitable for fatty foods. This material has transferable plasticizers. They tend to migrate highly into soluble fats. Additionally, it goes beyond the parameters outlined in EU directives.
- Size. Get the glove that fits perfectly in the hands.
- Texture. The glove’s surface is available depending on various uses. There are full texture and smooth fingertip gloves.
- Treatment. Power and powder-free options are available based on the user’s preferences.
- Color Choice. A wide range of colors specifically suited to the requirements of various applications.
- Sterility. Non-sterile or sterile gloves options are offered for protection to direct contact with elements.
Even if they have fewer amounts, glove processes could still come with powder residue. A residual powder content of 2.0 mg or lesser is powered-free.
Various possible allergies can appear when using disposable gloves, such as caused by sweating. They might result in a type 1 reaction.
And the second most frequent type is caused by chemicals used in processing. It’s called Type 4 allergies.
That’s why it is recommended to prefer rubber-made gloves, which include
Also, make sure to use powder-free gloves.
- Regular skin care is required to reduce skin vulnerability when wearing gloves.
- The hand must have appropriately dried before and after wearing.
- Use moisturizer frequently to stop the skin from becoming dehydrated.
- Having skin that is well protected when wearing gloves aids in protection.
The medical regulation for standard disposable gloves is a series of EN 455 and EU 2017/745. They are categorized based on the required level for medical practice use.
- I class: Non-sterile gloves
- Is class: Sterile gloves
- IIa class: Surgical gloves
The EU 2016/425 regulation, marked with EN 21420 standard, applies to PPE gloves. Additionally, it features sections classified by uses.
- Category 1: Against the minimal risk
- Category 2: Against the moderate risk
- Category 3: Against fatality risk hazard
Quality Features & Applications
The HACCP prevention stated a principle that dictates the use of blue gloves. It is simple to detect a risk of contamination if the tone loses.
And two layers of gloves are known as double donning. They provide enhanced protection for high-risk operations.
Tensile strength defines the resistance of gloves’ capacity to tear. Each sort of glove also has a superior resistance that supports various uses.
- Medical gloves made for rubbers have force at the break of ≥ 6
- Surgical gloves have ≥ 9 on thermo-plastic.
Gloves quality is not associated with weight.
Some innovative formulations produce lighter gloves, low wall thickness, and other features
Aside from thickness, a critical element of quality gloves must be well-balanced. They are thick enough to support protection. Additionally, it is ideally suited for hands. The gloves’ sense of touch allows for optimum grip.
Yes. Gloves used for medical interventions, primarily cytotoxic medications, require adequate protection from these drugs.
It’s ideal for getting certified ASTM D-6978 standard gloves. They offer this kind of resistance to chemotherapy treatments.
Gloves ideal for food processes has a symbol under the framework of EU regulation. This international sign for food safety prominently portrays a glass and fork.
For operating chemical-related procedures, nitrile gloves are suitable. They resist high chemical impacts.
Moreover, using nitrile-made gloves provide excellent protection from exposure.