Gloves serve important roles in our day-to-day lives. As such, they are used for different reasons such as protection from cold and work-related injuries.
How to Measure Glove Length
Determining the length of a glove involves several steps.
Step 1: Ensure you have the right measurement tools such as a ruler, measuring tape or sometimes a string might also be useful.
Step 2: Unfold your preferred hand to be used for measurement to be fully stretched. Afterward, with your preferred measuring tool, carefully measure the distance from the base of your palm right to the tip of your middle finger.
Step 4: Record your results down. The recorded results will therefore guide you in determining the glove length required. Additionally, determining glove length is important since it helps one in making glove choices that suit one’s needs.
How to Measure Glove Width
Determining the glove width is equally important to glove users in various ways. For instance, it ensures that glove users have a comfortable experience while using them. Below are some of the steps involved in the determination of glove width;
Step 1: Ensure you have the right tools with you before the commencement of the procedure.
Step 2: Decide on the hand that you want to use for measurement.
Step 3: With your preferred measuring tool, determine the width of both your fingers and palm. For example, tie a measuring tape or a string around your palm and read the measurements. Repeat the same on each of the fingers and read the results.
Step 4: Record your results differently i.e. the width of each of the fingers and the width of your palm.
Glove Sizing Process
The process of choosing the right glove may seem complex and tedious. However, this process can be made easier by adhering to various steps and guidelines.
- The first step involves measuring the width of your hand. As such, a suitable string or a measuring tape can be used by tying it around the palm area. Thereafter, read and record the measurements.
- Subsequently, determine the length of your hand using a measuring tape in inches/cm. In this case, the hand is measured from the base of the palm to the tallest finger (middle finger). Read and record your results.
- The measurement obtained relates to the glove size of a particular individual. Various glove sizes are usually represented by Roman numbers such as X, XL, and XXL.
Importance of Glove Sizing Chart
- Protection and safety: It is significant in choosing gloves that meets safety and protection needs of an individual. Gloves are vital in the provision of safety to people such as industrial workers and handymen.
- Comfort: It is also important to choose gloves that offer a good experience to the user.
- Quality: A glove sizing chart also helps one in choosing the right quality glove required by one.
- Affordability: It is equally important in analyzing the gloves according to their different sizes. As such, it helps in choosing cost-effective gloves.
Household rubber glove size： Size Length (±1cm) Plam Width(±5mm) S 30 95 M 30 105 L 30 115 XL 30 120
Chemical nitrile glove size：
Size Length (±1cm) Plam Width(±5mm) Cuff Width(±5mm) 7 33 100 14.00 8 33 105 14.50 9 33 110 15.00 10 33 115 15.50 11 33 120 16.00 Disposable glove size： Size Length (±1cm) Plam Width(±5mm) S 30 85 M 30 95 L 30 105 XL 30 115
In a nutshell, having glove size knowledge is significantly important in many aspects. For example, it helps customers to choose glove sizes that provide them with comfort and fit them well. Additionally, it helps them choose the right quality and secure gloves.