There are different types of gloves suitable for different purposes. Latex gloves are gloves designed from natural rubber. They provide a compact fit while allowing for comfortable movement of your fingers.
Nitrile gloves on the other hand are manufactured from synthetic rubber. Nitrile gloves are hardened to resist punctures and as such may limit movement.
Advantages of Nitrile Gloves vs Latex Gloves
Advantages of Nitrile Gloves
There are several benefits of utilizing nitrile gloves. They include;
- Nitrile are sturdy making them resistant to tear and puncture.
- These gloves are designed to be both resistant to chemicals and waterproof.
- They have a longer shelf-life
- It is much easier to put on and remove nitrile gloves as they have a lower resistance to friction.
- Nitrile gloves can be used for a broad range of applications
- It is a great substitute for people with a latex allergy as it has no latex in it
Advantages of Latex Gloves
The benefits of using latex gloves include;
- Latex gloves are designed to be resistant to chemicals
- They are also very strong and durable making them highly resistant to Punctures and wear.
- Latex gloves offer a tight fit that allows for excellent maneuvering of your hands
- These gloves are not costly. They are much cheaper to purchase
- Latex provides a layer of protection against contaminants such as diseases.
- It has superior elasticity
Disadvantages of Nitrile Gloves and Latex Gloves
Disadvantages of Nitrile Gloves
Limitations of the nitrile gloves include
- It has a reduced elasticity making it slightly stiffer than latex
- It is a little more costly
- Nitrile gloves are made from synthetic material and are therefore not bio-degradable
Disadvantages of Latex Gloves
The limitations of latex gloves include:
- They are not heat-resistant
- Latex gloves have a relatively shorter shelf life
- Thinner latex gloves are less resistant to wear and tear.
- Can lead to allergies
Comparing Applications of Nitrile Gloves to Latex Gloves
Applications of Nitrile Gloves
Nitrile is a relatively durable and strong pair of gloves. They come in different grades that may contain additional synthetic materials. They can therefore be used in a variety of industries including;
- Solvent production
- Tattoo shops
- Automotive industry
- Janitorial work
- Home sanitation.
- Waste disposal
Application of latex gloves
Latex gloves are not only affordable but come in a variety of grades. They can be used for a wide range of applications including
- Automotive and Engineering.
- Chemical plants.
- Electronics and printing.
- Food processing and handling.
- Manufacturing plants.
Both latex and nitrile gloves are used for protective purposes. They come in different grades with varying thicknesses to provide the necessary level of protection. It is therefore important to understand the benefits and limitations of each type of glove. This will help you select the most suitable glove for you.